Welcome!


"I will be posting many reviews, pictured step-by-step tutorials, and posts about whats going on and what I'm loving at the moment! I hope you'll enjoy, comment, and follow.
Thank you! Chloe x"

Saturday 24 September 2011

REVIEW - L'OREAL PROFESSIONNEL SERIE EXPERT SILVER SHAMPOO

This review is based on the use of this shampoo on my hair which is very light blonde. I got this shampoo about 5 months ago when I decided I wanted to be a white blonde colour. I had read some reviews and decided to buy it, and now I'm passing on my experience with it to you. I've only just run out after 5 months so it lasts a long time. I'll give all the pros and cons at the end.

It is packaged in the smart L'Oreal bottles and really does look pro!

This is what the shampoo looks like. Looks a bit scary, to be honest. It is this blue because blue is opposite to yellow on the colour wheel, therefore it gets rid of the brassy yellow tones that are left when you have bleached/dyed your hair blonde. It works best when you have got quite light yellowy blonde hair, to get the best results.

I have very light white blonde hair, and sometimes I get yellowy tones in it just from products and what-not. So I use this maybe 3 times a weeks to top up the whiteness. If i use it more then that sometimes i get very very faint blue tints in the lightest parts of my hair that only show in very bright sunlight, I dont mind it, but its not for everyone. To avoid this, dont leave it on for as long (I tend to leave mine on for about 2 minutes), and dont use as often. It will only really happen if you have very very whiteblonde hair because the colour will grab easier.

So this is what my hair looked like today before shampooing. It's got some yellowy tones in because i havent been able to wash it for two days because I've got a skin test behind my ear from the salon because im getting brown put in my fringe tomorrow. That is the only reason why it looks so greasy, I do normally wash my hair at least every other day. Anyway! You can see the yellowy tones in there mostly by my roots, and the places where it is most light. (Please excuse my roots):


So now I'm gunna go wash my hair with this shampoo!

My hair BEFORE shampoo wet:

My hair with shampoo IN:

My hair AFTER shampoo wet:
(Don't worry, my camera picked up the purple a lot, it didnt really look like purple, and when its dried, it doesnt look like this at all)

During Drying (You can already see the brightness and the white coming back!):
After straightening:

So you can deffinitely see the difference!
 - I would only reccomend this for people with very light blonde hair that want to get out that bleachy yellow. It will not get rid of orange tones or very strong yellow. For that you will need a toner. (I will be doing a review on a Manic Panic toner for white hair soon.)

GOODS:
  • Gets rid of most yellowy tones in light blonde hair. Completely gone after about 3 uses. (for very very light blonde hair)
  • Doesn't cost too much, I think I got this from a salon for about £9.25. More expensive than some but worth it.
BADS:
  • Smells a little like mens aftershave stuff? But it doesnt stay in your hair when its dry, especially if you condition.
  • If used too much, it dries out your hair quite a bit, especially as blonde is such a fragile colour. To avoid this just leave conditioner on your hair for about an hour or longer, cover with a shower cap or hot towel and it will help your hair recover.
  • After a while of buying this over and over again, it does get a bit expensive. Don't use it too often and only use a little, it lathers really well.
So I hope this helped some people out, if there are any more questions about this at all or you feel like I have missed something out, please feel free to comment and ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment